Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Report on veg garden

Well, the gardens coming along great.

The tomatoes are getting ripe, so far we have 6 or 7 of them, nice size. I stuffed one with breadcrumbs and butter.... yummmmmmy.

We've eaten 4 artichokes so far, and there are more on the plant.

strawberry's, I've picked 3 or 4 a day now for a week or so, and the blueberry's are ripening fast.

But the best is the Japanese eggplant, which has gone ballistic!!!!! I've sliced and fried so many eggplant's that I'm starting to get sick of them!!!! From one tiny plant. And they grow like crazy. One day they are tiny, and the next the size of huge zuccini's!!!!!! But unlike regular egg plants, they are sweeter, and no seeds. Fry up nice in butter with a touch of lemon!!!!!

I know I'm planting more next year, and an extra planter full of artichokes. Yeh!!!!!

0 comments: