Friday, April 20, 2007

Home Depot sucks!!!




Well, at least right now it does. I've gone there 3 times in the last 2 weeks, and 2 times to Lowe's also, so lets spread the blame around.




I was just looking for a few things..... Peppers, any kind of them, and those cute tiny Japanese eggplants that were out last year..... that we absolutely LOVED!!!!, and some Mum's or Maragolds for buggie control.




AND, NO GO!!!!! NOTHING, besides a few tomatoes!!!!!




Not even the Marigolds that I use for pest control in the garden!!!!!! And those should have been out BEFORE the Pansy's!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!




So, I'm totally pissed off now, and just about gave up, when Matt said he wanted to go to Wal-Mart after school.... and while he went looking at video games, I ambled over to the garden center.... AND TAAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAA!!!!




They had EVERYTHING!!!! Fantastic!!!!!




I got my eggplants, a flat of red and gold marigolds for the buggies, and even a really HUGE pink geranium hanging basket!!! (Changed my mind about the peppers, always grow them, but I'm not a big fan, so I passed them by.)




The only PINK geranium one in the whole store..... AND IT'S MINE!!!!!!! YIPPPPPPIE!!!!! (they had tons of red, white, and even some strange coral ones.... but only ONE pink.) And it's pretty too. Two shades of pink, light and shocking, and even some white in it. I hung it on my arbor in the front yard.




All I have left now is to transplant the Artichokes, and that's for a nice cloudy day, maybe next week.




See, transplanting when the sun is behind the clouds, gives the plants a chance to take hold and survive.




Too much bright sun the very first few hours is badddddddd.




You can also plant them in the early evening too, this gives transplants the whole night to adjust to their new homes.




0 comments: