Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sometimes the brain just doesn't work!!!!!

I'm sitting here since Friday waiting for my friend Barb to call. She was going on a cruise, and said she would call me before she left. But the phone's not ringing, as a matter of fact NO one called at all, all weekend!

Finally I go check the phone to find it dead as a doornail. Fuck! I know it wasn't turned off! So I checked the plug then the connections. Took me like 3 hours to realize that the little red light that says the phone isn't recharging wasn't on!!!!

When I wiggled the phone, it would blink on and off. So I tried this and that, finally I cleaned the contacts with some alcohol, and whoopsie.... It's now re-charging. Grrrrrrrr, do you think I could have noticed that light off before yesterday??? No, sometimes I'm just so not with it. Giggle

But it has charged now, and all's better. Don't know how many phone calls I missed, but it was the weekend, so it can't have been so many of them. And since the answering machine is with the telephone company, any messages would have been still saved, but nothing!

I still don't have the hang of routine matainance. LOL Gonna check my whole house and see if I'm missing anything else. LOL

0 comments: