This is my fall to do list, things I want to work around the house, but need the cooler weather to do it all.... check back often cause' I'm sure it's going to GROW!!!
1. Paint my bedroom
2. Replace cloth washer hose's...they are the old rubber type that fail, need metal ones
3. Replace my bathroom facet, and lights over the sink (so 60's looking!)
4. get a water filter for my kitchen
5. Paint boys room----DONE!
6. Get bed frame for the boys bed----DONE!
7. fix the curtains in the boys room, sew them and put new rod up (yippie got sewing machine!!!! can finally stop using safety pins on curtains!!!!!)-----DONE!
8. Get a new rug, and install it myself in the boys room
9. New sink, and faucet for the boys bathroom (the people before us had this house for 6 MONTHS! And managed to ruin the sink!!!)
10. Over the toilet storage rack, rattan for the boys bathroom
11. Paint TV stand black to go with the rest of my furniture
12. New carpet or hardwood floors for my bedroom... not sure, carpets fine, but I want something different, rooms not as small as it looks, so gotta save up money for this
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Posted by Judith at 11:58 AM
Sunday, July 26, 2009
WOW! I have a HUGE "to do" list for this fall.
Why wait till fall, well the best thing is the boy is going to be gone.... I hate having him around while trying to do the big stuff, he keeps insisting he should help, and he does crappy work, sorry, but true.... and the fall weather is great for working in the house. You can have the windows and door open, and it's cooler.
First thing to be done will be my bedroom. I'm waiting for him to leave, because my computer is still in my bedroom... when he goes, it moves back to the back bedroom, and I can clear out the rest of the stuff and paint.
I was a little worried about the walls..... now I do live in a double wide trailer... and when I checked, the walls are regular wall board, but they are covered with a vinyl paper.
I was worried that it would be hard to paint!!! But last night I tested one wall, and boy was I WRONG! The paint went on smooth and perfect... so I'm good to go. What color? welllllll, that's still up in the air, but I'm thinking of a very, very light green... but I may still go for a beige... can't decide yet. Oh, and I want to paint the trim, doors and moulding, white.
Next will be the kitchen. I really hate those cabinets. I may paint them white, but then again maybe I'll just paint over the flowered walls, but then again..... geeeeeeeze can't make up my mind on that one, I'll have to wait and see how the fates direct me.... but really leaning to white cabinets.
Then the living room, now that's 2 things because my living room, dinning room are all in one big room. So I'm thinking wood floors.... but then again, maybe just tile in the dinning room, and carpet in the living room... that's another option.
And then (dummm dmmm dummm) comes the boys room! I have to leave it as it is for when he comes back to visit and over the summer.... but the carpet has GOT TO GO!!! It was already a mess when we moved in, but the rooms not too big, so I figure I'll get a remnant and do it myself. Then paint the walls, fix the curtins, and put the bed UP ON A FRAME!!!! He's got it on the floor and it's totally tacky!!! I want to be able to use it during the school year, as a guest bedroom, so It's gonna look nice!
A lot of work for the fall, but it will be worth it in the end.
Posted by Judith at 9:04 AM
Friday, July 24, 2009
Only 5 weeks before he's off to school!!!! And I'm getting more excited every day!!!!
You see, I'm still a vegetarian, with seafood added..... but I never can buy the food I want to, because I have to make sure he has enough meat and stuff. So instead of buying fresh fish, and seafood, I buy the frozen cheap shit, that tastes like ............ well, it tastes like nothing at all. The frozen stuff just is bland, bland, bland.
Soon, I can buy FRESH SEAFOOD, nice fresh fish, and shell fish, and lobsters, and clams, and.... so on and so on. Because, though I still need to have some stuff in the freezer for when he's home on the holidays.... I don't need to spend all my money buying stuff for him!!!
So I'm really excited about my first shopping trip after he leaves!!!!!!
Posted by Judith at 9:52 AM
Saturday, July 18, 2009
1. I can go to the bathroom with the door open!
2. I can take a bath with the door open!
3. I can go where I want, when I want, without worring that I have to save gas to take him back and forth to school!
4. I don't have to sit in the parking lot at the collage anymore, freezing, waiting for him to finish class to save gas money!!
5. I can eat what I want, when I want... without saving the larger portion for him!!
6. I can buy food, MY food, not just stuff for the kid!!!
7. I can eat lobster every day if I want too!!!!!
8. I can talk on the phone without him interrupting me!
9. I can move my computer BACK to the back bedroom, and get it out of my bedroom!!!!!!!!
10. I can get NAKED!!!!
11. I can make love on the livingroom sofa if I want to! also kitchen floor, dinningroom table..ect (now all I need is a sex partner!!!)
12. Hay, I can get one of thoes too!!!!!!!
13. I can stop looking at the alarm clock, and worrying that I won't get up in time to drive him to school!
14. I can visit my girlfriends for no reason at all
15. I can form a COVEN! (all that phycic energy drives him nuts!)
16. I CAN GET NAKED (that's worth repeating!!!!)
17. I'll have the money for a new tat
18. I'll save on electric and gas! (don't have to keep the heat up, and lights on for him anymore!!!!)
Posted by Judith at 7:11 AM
Friday, July 17, 2009
So, I've been working on a plan..... something life altering.
In September I'm going to be alone, at last, for the FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!
And I have to find something to keep me occupied, something fun!
So far I've come up with a short list:
1st on the list is maybe going back into acting, or at least doing the makeup for actors like I used to. I'm sure there are plenty of small theater groups in my area, so I'm going to look into it.
2nd is taking some sort of class, or just learning by book, how to do stained glass.... something I've ALWAYS wanted to do... and it makes money too when you sell your works
3rd is starting to date again! I haven't dated in like 7 years... but I don't know if I want to go there again. LOL
4th is to start making and selling jewelry again.... but that's so like been there done that.
And that's it so far.... but I'm sure, as my mind works on it, I'll come up with something interesting along the way. GIGGLE
Posted by Judith at 7:16 PM
Posted by Judith at 11:42 AM
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Working hard at getting the boy ready to LEAVE!!!!!
And this is just my stuff, he's handling the financial aid, and all the other crap they are tossing at him.
All the shots, except for 1.....done
New clothing (well some Levi's and underwear, new boots, and sneakers)....done
Ordered sheets (seems beds at Rutgers aren't regular size!)....done
Got some box's for him to pack up stuff, but need to get some more.
I'm sure once he's at school MOST of my stress will be over with!!!!
Might as well say it...... since Barbara, Jamie, and I (haven't asked Steph, but I'm sure she'll agree also) all agree......
THIS HAS BEEN THE SUMMER FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!!
Hope it's over soon. Looking forward to being able to sleep at night!
Even though I missed most of my time crabbing, and going to the beach, once HELL summer is over, I can only hope next summer will be much, much, better.
I'm afraid I'm not good with stress.... I LOVE peace, quiet and good fun.... but stress SUCKS!
Posted by Judith at 11:08 AM
Well, I just didn't want ONE bush.... noooooo, I had to have TWO bush's!!!! Didn't even dream they would do so well, but they have!!!
I've spent four days picking gooseberry's, and 5 days cleaning them, and eating them, and freezing them.... and now I'm going to be making jam with them!
Kinda tired of them by now, GIGGLE, but I intend to use every last one!!! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!!
Posted by Judith at 8:34 AM
Monday, July 13, 2009
How to Set Up a Children's Altar?
Does your Child have their own altar?
What are some great ideas your child set up his or her own altar?
Here's some ideas too:
Here are some things that your child may want to include on his or her altar:
* Personal guardians: Kids need to feel safe, so if your child wants to add three different Batman figures or a giant Hello Kitty to the altar, let them. They can serve as protective talismans in the room.
* Natural items: Go for a nature walk and collect interesting leaves, rocks, shells, etc. Try to get out of doors regularly, so that your child can find new things as the Wheel of the Year turns.
* Magical tools: Children like to emulate what they see others doing. If your child sees you using a wand to cast a circle, or cards to do divination, she will probably follow suit. Allow your child to have her own tools - a wand, Tarot cards, a broom, etc. You can even substitute a toy or plastic knife for the Athene.
* Journal or Book of Shadows: Young children are perfectly capable of journaling, and an older child may wish to create his own Book of Shadows. Help your child select a notebook to use, and then offer ideas and prompts for them to write about. Some suggestions might be "My favorite time of year is ____" or "If I could change anything with magic it would be ______."
* Plants: Help your child pick fresh flowers, or grow a pot of herbs on her altar. This helps increase her connection to the natural world, and in the case of a potted plant, allows her to care for a living thing.
* Family photos: If your path is one in which you dedicate time and energy to honoring family and ancestors, have your child include this on her altar. It can include family photos, heirlooms or keepsakes, or even a framed print of your family tree.
A few safety tips to keep in mind when setting up your child's altar:
* This should be a no-brainer, but don't let very young children have candles or incense on their altar.
* If you have plants on the altar, make sure they're not toxic to people or pets.
Posted by Judith at 12:51 PM
Sunday, July 05, 2009
I DID cancel my room for Shore Leave!
Not only because of money problems... but that's a big part.... but because of Matt having his new collage thing that weekend, and my friend not wanting to go with me, and my bad breaks on the car, and Morganna being in the hospital....
and I could just go on and on...... For some reason, My Goddess, does not want me to go.....so instead of fighting it, I'm just going to stay home!
How do I feel? Not good, gonna miss it.... but you gotta do what you gotta do
But that's OK, because I'm going to start saving up RIGHT NOW, for next year!!!!
Posted by Judith at 9:55 AM
Saturday, July 04, 2009
Yesterday I had enough!!!! The bamboo was waaaaay out of control!!!! I didn't realize you could trim it till it was waaaaay too tall!!! It was causing my front steps to turn green!!!! So outside I went and CHOPPED IT ALL DOWN!!!!
But don't worry, It'll grow again, but this time I'm keeping it to a real short height!!!! So it doesn't shade my whole garden.
But as you can see, the rest of the garden, including the lamp planter is doing good
This is my string bean, tomato planter. growing nice!
And this is ONE branch on ONE plant of my gooseberry's!!!!! They are just loaded with fruit!!!
Posted by Judith at 5:39 AM
Thursday, July 02, 2009
These are the Pictures he posted when he sold it!!! This is the living room with new floors and heating
This is the new kitchen, minus the pealing linoleum floors and dark cabinets
And this is what he did with the dark, scary, water filled basement!!!!!!
I have to say I'm a total BITCH with real estate.
I sold my moms house when she passed, and I know some people thought It sold for not enough... but I got it sold right before the market went DOWN, DOWN, DOWN!!!
Recently I found the new owners listing, he was a contractor who bought it, and fixed it up... AND BOY DID HE FIX IT UP!!! It went from a two bedroom with an attic bedroom..... he listed it as 5 bedrooms!!!
The pictures were fantastic!!!! He redid the WHOLE kitchen!!! New cabinets, and ceramic floor.... redid all the floors too great wood ones, and added a bathroom up stairs!!!! Something I wished for all my childhood when our rooms were up there, no bathroom, and most of the time no heat!!!!!
He also redid the ENTIRE BASEMENT!!! Made another bedroom down there, and a laundry room, and a family room!!!!!!!!!
He didn't show the back, but it seems he turned the screened in porch into a "Florida sun room" what ever the fuck that is!!
BUT THIS IS THE BEST PART..... AFTER ALL THAT WORK, HE SOLD IT FOR ONLY 60 THOUSAND MORE THEN HE PAYED FOR IT!!!!!! Considering all the work he did with it, it means he made NOTHING!!!!
I shouldn't be so happy, but it means I sold it just at the right time for a fantastic price!!!!!! And considering that the place was falling down, the furnace was 60 years old!!!! the wiring way below standard, flooding basement, termites, and to top it all of, in my opinion,it was haunted!!!
He did so much work on it... I'm totally flabbergasted!!! Basically he must have gutted it...replace all the wiring, insulation, and plumbing!!!! (did I mention it had no insulation???)
I'm very proud of myself! giggle ohhhhhhhhh how vain I am!
Posted by Judith at 7:50 PM