Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Jersey Beaches

I wanted to write here a quote from a book I'm reading, by Janet Evanovich. She writes a series about a goof ball bounty hunter named Steph, who lives in NJ.


But this section of her book caught my eye, and it's sooooooo true.


So, allow me to quote Janet Evanovich:


"When you live in Jersey a beach isn't enough. People have energy in Jersey. They need things to do. They need a beach with a boardwalk, And the boardwalk has to be filled with rides and games and crappy food. Add some miniature golf. Throw in a bunch of stores selling T-shirts with offensive pictures. Life doesn't get much better then this.

And the best part is the smell. I've been told there are places where the ocean smells wild and briny. In Jersey the ocean smells of coconut-scented suntan lotion and Italian sausage smothered in fried onions and peppers. It smells like deep-fried zeppoles and chili hot dogs. The scent is intoxicating and exotic as it expands in the heat rising from crowds of sun-baked bodies strolling the boardwalk.

Surf surges into the beach and the sound is mingled with the rhythmic tick, tick, tick of the spinning game wheels and the high-pitched Eeeeeee of thrill seekers being hurtled down the log flume."

That, ladies and gentlemen is MY BEACH!!!! And all of that calls me back home each summer..... I LOVE IT!!!!!!

0 comments: