Thursday, August 07, 2008

Cleaning out the Cauldron

I went to Wal-mart yesterday, and they had some Mums for sale. They had the big one's but also the smaller ones.... and that's what I wanted.... the small ones.

I had cleaned out my cauldron the day before. The Pansy's were way past their prime, and I decided, that no matter what the goddess wanted, I DID NOT WANT IRIS'S IN MY CAULDRON! When it comes to MY garden.... I have to assert control sometimes, don't I?

They are huge growers, and would fill the cauldron by spring, not giving me room for any other plants. And I wanted to have annuals in it!

So I dug them up, and replanted them somewhere else!!!! And for the fall, I planted the Mums in the cauldron. While small now.... by October they will be big and lush, and just the right touch for fall planting.




See, these are the replanted Iris. It's a really nice sunny spot where they can grow, and spread to their hearts content!!!!

0 comments: