Saturday, January 14, 2006

Time is turning backwards



Well, I went and got the paper work done, to be my Mom's Estate Manager. All I have to do is wait for them to come in the mail.... And then the work really starts. Sigh

Yesterday I went to the house, and did some packing, and chucking of stuff...But there is still so much more to do!!!! My step-fathers grandkids didn't do much at all...So there is still some major work to be done, but I can handle it.

While I was there, I took home the kitchen table. Now, that table has been in my Mom's kitchen for as long as I can remember. She never changed it in all those years!!! There was a little nook off the kitchen, where the table sat. In the back of the nook was a huge radiator built in to the wall. I always sat in the chair next to the radiator. I guess being so little I needed the heat the most.

Well, I took the table home....... Now you have to know, I hate sitting at the kitchen table. The one's I've had have either been too low, to high, the chairs to hard, just plain uncomfortable.

I set up the table and chairs, got a cup of coffee... And sat, and sat, and sat. The chairs, I guess from all the years I've sat on them... Just fit my tush to perfection. Almost cradling it. LOL Major comfortable.

I sat there, looking out the window, eating lunch, and I was just so content. I'm sure my mother is up there somewhere .... Maybe smiling .... Because it seems the future has turned backwards into the past, and maybe I'll spend my last days, sitting at that table, just like she did. Happy

0 comments: