Saturday, April 26, 2008

GOOSEBERRY'S!!!





Well, I finally managed to get some Gooseberry plants!!!!!



It was HARD WORK! None of the garden catalogs would ship them to New Jersey!!!!!


See, gooseberry's have a disease that affects pine trees, that is, the one's from out of state do, the ones grown in NJ are just fine. But all the catalogs that have them in it are from out of state!!!!


I did remember a garden center down by Barb's that used to have them, so this weekend when I dropped Matt off at his friends house in North Brunswick, I scooted up to Barbs and dragged her to the garden center.


AND YIPPIE!!!! I BOUGHT TWO PRETTY GOOSEBERRY BUSHES!!!



Then I had to go and buy to large half barrel planters for them, and all the dirt!!!!



They are bushes, but nice compact ones, and should do good, like my blueberry's, in the half barrel planters I got for them, and they will last years and years and years.


For those of you who have never had Gooseberry's, I can't begin to explain how they taste. It's totally different from any berry you've had before, but when ripe, sweet!!!!

0 comments: