Sunday, January 16, 2011

As I promised

I kept telling people about my family cemetery, and promising to get a pic for you guys... but the cemetery is a pain in the tush to get too, and, admittedly, every time I was down there I tended to forget!

BUT THIS TIME I DIDN'T FORGET!!! So here is the tombstone at the front entrance to my family's cemetery!!




I should mention another weird thing.... It has no dates or names on it, besides the last name... and it's from the 1930's yet is in fantastic shape!

4 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Wow!! Thank you! I sorta thought it might be a joke....sorry :D

That is really cool..thanks for sharing....do I see....snow!?

Cheers!

Judith said...

yepp we've had a total of 40 inch's so far this year. and this is further up north from us, in East Brunswick, N.J.

Judith said...

By the way, couldn't get a pic of the other side, because they didn't plow a path, but the statue in the middle... has no face! It's a hole!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful tombstone. I must admit I am a bit of a cemetery junkie. So much history there.