Thursday, April 05, 2012

I'm getting crafty!



I picked up this room freshener at the dollar store last year. I thought it was a great idea because the top could open just a little or all the way just by rotating the cap... so you could get a little scent or lots depending on your mood.

Well a year later I noticed during my spring cleaning, that they didn't smell anymore... so I was just about to chuck them in the garbage when my "Mother Earth" teaching took hold and I decided to check out the container.

The top screws off!!!!!!

Ohhhhh, so I peeled the label off, and put it in some hot soapy water to get the rest of the label off. and there you go!

I new have a fresh herb diffuser!!!!

I can fill the container with my own mix of fragrant herbs, and use the natural ingredients as room fresheners!!!!!


I love to recycle!!!!!!

5 comments:

Diandra said...

My younger sister said something about baking soda mixed with essential oils as room freshener, you might want to try that if just herbs does not work. ^^

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

love this repurpose.
Also if you get fruit in those meshy plastic bags, you can use them to hold your herbs to hang to dry. I also use the ones turkeys come in. Oma Linda

Ashley L. Evans said...

Love this idea!!!!

Judith said...

Baking soda is to kill smells... I want mine to smell!!! I'll use dried herbs and even some needles I saved from the christmas tree

Judy said...

Smart women...