Friday, October 05, 2007

big house's

I was watching "house hunters" and I started to get aggravated.

Here were two older people, in the late 50's and early 60's, looking to buy a house.


Now, I would assume, cozy cottage just for two......... but NOPE, they were looking at this HUMONGOUS HOUSE!!!!!!!

I'm talking walk in closet so big that you could park 2 cars in it........... and the bitch was complaining that It might not be big enough!!!!!! And 5 bedrooms....... for 2 people??????????

Plus it was huge, empty and had vaulted ceilings!

I think what you look for in a house is what you were raised in.


My family had a Cape Cod. Nice, but small. bedroom, living room, dinning room, kitchen and den (the den used to be our bedroom till they finished the attic).... and our bedrooms were in the finished attic. It was a HUGE space, and you know, I never felt comfortable up there.

There was so much room, that everything seemed to echo!


I love small house's. I feel comfortable, safe, and warm in them


The last house I had while my Hubby was still alive.... was a freaking MONSTER! 5 bedroom, family room, living room, den, dinning room, kitchen, laundry room, and 3 bathrooms! I was never comfortable in that house.


It seemed like I spent all my life cleaning room after room after room after room.... and so on, forever. Plus we had 3 kids........ why would we need 5 bedrooms??????


I think being raised in a small house, makes you need the same thing to be comfortable.

0 comments: