Sunday, September 16, 2012

Missed project

Last year I bought this really weird clay!!!  It hardens, but remains slightly soft.... the texture of the skin on you arm.  Odd to say the least!  I fashioned a mushroom out of it..... while dying it fell behind the TV.... there to spend the year until the TV broke, and I bought a new one!



So I finally found it, and painted it.  I like red with pink spots!





You'll notice a hole on the very top, this is just the perfect size for a stick of incense.  My plan all along.  I wanted something pretty to burn my incense sticks.  I think it turned out pretty good!

I gave it a coat of varnish sealer to give it a shine.... and there she is.  Even with the paint and vanish it still feels like human skin.... kinda weird and icky, but more like what a real mushroom would feel like!

0 comments: