Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Gardening

MMMMMmmmmmmmm I've been having some really great dreams for the last couple of weeks. I found this spell to bring back dreams of childhood, and I use it each night. So far they have been full of adventure, beaches, sun, and playing. Nice. I need good dreams to cut some of the stress I've been under.

I've been talking with my friends about Shore Leave this year. For those who don't know what that is. Shore Leave is the biggest star trek convention in the world!!!! I've been going to it for over 26 years now. 3 days each July. I have to admit I have so much fun, Mainly seeing my friends and going swimming.

I want to have some kind of party in my room, but I can't figure out what kind..... I probably won't have one, but it's fun trying to come up with something. LOL

Actually, I have too much damn time on my hands!!! Being retired is cool, but I get board easily, and wish I had something I could do from home, like typing or something...Just too keep be a little busy.

I've started some seeds!!!!!!!!! Yes, I know it's waaaaay to early. But these are Artichoke seeds. Since they are made for longer growing seasons then mine.... I started them really early. When they get big enough, I'll transfer them to a big planter that I'll bring in the house. And when it gets warm enough, I'll put the planter outside. I HOPE I GET ARTICHOKE'S this year!!!!!! I'll let you all know how it turns out.

In one way I miss having a huge yard and garden, but in another way, I don't miss it at all!!!! I DON'T miss mowing the lawn, or spending HOURS weeding the vegetable's and flower beds!!!! I have a really nice cement patio, and I'm making do with container planting.

And, so far so good, I had TONS of tomatoes last year (I got so sick of them I stopped eating them in Aug.), and pea's and even a few cucumbers. This year I'm adding eggplant, and I'm getting two new half wine barrels and putting in a few bushes (like gooseberry's and blueberries) and I'm even using one for asparagus. I don't know how it will work out.... But at least I can go sit out side, and water my garden in one feel swoop, instead of having to set up sprinklers and such like I did in the old house. And it's MUCH easier weeding from a large container, you don't have to crawl around the ground, just sit in a chair and weed! Sounds like I'm getting old, doesn't it. LOL

0 comments: