Thursday, April 14, 2011

Struggling with food allergys



This morning I woke up HUNGRY!! Having a little extra money, I decided to go to the grocery store and get something "different"! Yeah, right!!!



In the past this wouldn't be a biggie, but now with all my food allergy's IT SUCKS TO SHOP!



To give you an idea.... I thought, Meatballs!



Cool right? but it's not an easy thing for me to do.


First of all I can't eat spaghetti.... so I thought Spaghetti squash. That works! I actually "LIKE" spaghetti squash!



Then the meatballs... can't add breading or most of the spices..... so I have to get the "meat loaf" mix of meat, cause that can go without the breading, and still be pretty soft. Where regular beef meatballs without breading are hard and disgusting!



Then the sauce!



Do you know how many sauce's have added "food starch" to them!!!! Almost every freaking single one! And since I can't eat corn or potato starch... I'll have to hunt around the spaghetti sauce jars for one without any of that. And I'm NOT going to make my own sauce, it's just too much work!!!



Plus, I'm not allowed to eat onions or GARLIC!!!! What's a spaghetti sauce WITHOUT GARLIC!!! sigh



Maybe spaghetti and meatballs wasn't such a good idea.




I'm not giving up though, I need something to tingle my taste buds, an I'm going to hunt something down.




This is why I love reading blogs like "Octoberfarm.blogspot.com" She cooks such fantastic food, none that I can eat, but I love to read her cooking recipes, and drool!




I'm a total "foodie" with out being able to eat the food. sigh




But not to worry, I'll find SOMETHING!

2 comments:

Diandra said...

Is your body okay with lactose? I've got a really quick tomato sauce recipe which consists basically of tomato paste and feta cheese and is done in the time it needs to cook noodles. Just in case, here's the complete recipe, ignore the noodle part: http://thatwitchistrue.blogspot.com/2010/08/crappy-days-call-for-crappy-meals.html)

And if you're lactose-intolerant, you could still use the goat or sheep milk feta variation, if you like it...

Judith said...

no I'm good with lactose... cheese is the best!