Saturday, October 01, 2011



THE CRONE

For I am old now,
the witch would sigh.
My cauldrons empty,
my herbs are nigh.
all the spells and potions
wither in the light,
and no longer prolong
the darkness of the night.
for I am old now,
no more spells for me,
the oldness of my magic
isn't what it seems.
I wish to cast one last spell,
to keep the night at bay.
but I am old now,
there is no longer the day.
So dampen the blazing fire,
free the souls I keep,
for I am old now
and all I wish for is sleep.

3 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Moving and lovely. It make tremble a little. It made me think of my grandma. Powerful words...

Leanna said...

It's such a sad poem. After reading it again, it sounds like a poor old witch that is old, blind and ready to die. But everyone might have a different thought when reading it. Mine is of old age and death. Sorry I'm a morbid bitch.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I too felt sadness with this poem. I enjoyed it but I feel sad for her.