Thursday, October 20, 2011

UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH




I've been having a bad allergic reaction on and off for weeks. Couldn't figure it out.... but I did notice that it would come and go.... and they only thing I could think I had on those days was an APPLE!!!




I didn't test pos for apple allergies.... so I did a little detective work.




I noticed on the bag it said the apples were coated with wax or shellac to preserve them...... OK, no problem there, but I hit google and checked it out




Halfway down the article I came to this:


"Alkyl naphthalene sulphonates may be used as spreading agents on waxy fruits."


Sulfur!!!!!!!!


Of course.... the thing I'm MOST allergic to!!!


Took a week to figure it out. That's why food allergy's are so FREAKING WEIRD!!!!


No problem, now the next time I eat an apple.... I'll make sure I picked it right off of the tree!!!!!

2 comments:

Zedral Z said...

I'm glad you don't have an actual apple allergy!

Wendy the (Very Good Witch) said...

Wow...great detective work on your part though! Food allergies are weird aren't they? And like Zedral Z said...glad it's not the apples themselves.