Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lasagna Confessions

My son was a very, very, happy boy when I told him that I'm making one or his favort foods for Thanksgiving..... Lasagna!

Now, on my blog, I have a HUGE confession!!!!

I'm Russian and Chinese.... we don't do sticking Lasagna!!!!

I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT!!!

But, newly married, and the hubby says he wants me to make it...... I figured I would give it a go.

And I did, and it was fantastic!!!

So good that I made it for the Green room at a Star Trek convention.....

and Scotty, from Star Trek, went out and told a packed auditorium....

"I'm from NY, but I just had the best Lasagna in my LIFE, in the green room!!"

I was so thrilled, and from then on my friends called me the "Cook of the stars".

But that's not my confession..... the recipe is.

To start out I bought Ricotta cheese..... Lasagna is made with it .... right?

WRONG!!! It had the most disgusting taste I've ever had. Not Italian, don't like it!!! BLAAAAA

So I did my usual thing.... AND WINGED IT!

The night before making it, I would put two huge containers of "Cottage Cheese" in a bowl..... yes, you heard me COTTAGE CHEESE. Then I would mix it with tons of spices, garlic salt, oregano, parsley, and onion salt. And let it sit over night.

Then I made Jar spaghetti sauce, (always add an extra 1/2 cup of water to it... you want it loose!) add some extra of the same spices, and a pound of ground beef, and let it cook.

Now, the lasagna package say to pre -cook the noodles.


WHAT!!! that's more fucking work, so I just ignored it.

uncooked noodles, cottage cheese, sauce, and so on and on.

At the end I did add sliced mozzarella cheese to the top, but that's it.

And I covered it with alunimun foil, and baked it.

I took off the cover when it was almost finished to let it brown a bit.

AND NO ONE BUT YOU GUYS KNOW THIS!!! I made it for party's, and family gatherings, and all kinds of things, and know one EVER guessed that I use Cottage Cheese instead of Ricotta!!!!!!!!!

So don't tell anyone! OK?

0 comments: