Thursday, June 01, 2006

Shore Leave 28

Shore leave is really coming together. It's July 7th till the 9th in Hunt Valley MD

Jaime (my daughter), myself, ty, and Steph (good friends) will be sharing a room.

And I'm really looking forward to it!!!!!! Now, I'm a really early riser, and the others are sleep in's.

But, that doesn't bother me, I've had that before. I just leave a change of clothing in the bathroom... So when I get up at 6:30am I go into the bathroom, wash and change, and leave the room looking for a good cup of coffee. I come back later when all are awake and eat breakfast.

When your an early riser you get used to doing things like that. Unlike my sister, who I've been told by her roommates that she will turn on lights, bang around and make noise and wake every one up. I don't do that. Maybe it's sleep envy! LOL I would love to be the one snoozing, but my body is just incapable of it!

I've been known to go to bed at the conventions at 4 in the morning, and still wake up at 6, bright eyed and bushy tailed. LOL Annoying isn't it.

Well, we are going to bring a ton of food with us, and booze so we don't have to buy drinks at the bar..... At least not ALL our drinks at the bar. LOL I do enjoy something called a "creamsical" don't know what it is, but it has whipped cream, and a icecream texture, orange and cream... yummmmmmm... And I love it! LOL

Jaime and I will lay by the pool, go swimming, hang with old friends, and generally have a total blast. That is if we can avoid the usual load of Geeks and freaks that go to these conventions...... But I'm really good at NOT making eye contact. As long as you don't look them in the eye.... They will not be able to get chummy with you. LOL If you look at a geek or freak, they will glom on to you, and you sometimes can't get rid of them. LOL especially one we call "Smurfette, or wolf woman" She doesn't get the hint that you don't want her or like her, and if you look at her..... Your whole convention will be ruined.

I'm hoping to get a pool side room, I talked to the hotel management, and it looks good, but of course it's always 1st come 1st served, but I usually go early enough to get the room I want. If I can't have poolside, I'd like a room on the other side of the hall, they also have patios, but it faces the lawn and tennis courts....Which isn't a bad thing either..... Lots of privacy, and no screaming kids to annoy you when your sitting outside.

Let me tell you a little about Shore Leave. This is Shore Leave 28, and except for one year when my water heater blew and I had to use up my money for that.... I've been to ALL of them.

It is a BIG Star Trek conventions. HUGE dealers room with everything from silver jewelry to toys! The covention is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I get there Friday morning and leave by noon on Sunday. There has been over 10,000 people attending the conventions, so it gets crowded and noisy and.... Well just fun.

I used to work the convention.... Doing security for the movie stars, now, I don't even know what stars are attending.... I don't go to see them.... I go for the drinks, the pool, and tons of old friends and fun.

Though working security in the past, did do a lot for me. I got to meet, and become friends with a lot of the star's and even dated one or two..... And slept with a few more.... Giggle..... BIG boost to my ego, let me tell you. I don't do bad for a chubby old lady! Giggle

Now I just want to relax, have fun, and....... Well, relax is the major word. LOL

Money will be tight, unfortunately. I didn't get the last income tax check yet. They said 30 days, and like that's today! No check has come, but I have no quams about spending all my bill money for July on the convention. I'll just have to catch up later with them...... I'm going, come hell or high water. LOL I was also hoping my mom's house would sell before now, but no luck there either.

The hotel run around $257.64 for the two nights. That's not a bad price, and that includes Md's 14% sales tax!!! And we are bringing food, and snacks, so that will save a little money. I wanted to make this a slam bang con for my daughter who hasn't been to one in about 10 years.... So who the fuck cares if the bills don't get paid, I'm gonna have fun. Then there is the gas, tolls, and of course food and spending money.

Of course, there is always the chance the check will come before July, I can hope and pray it will, but if it doesn't..... I'll cope! I'm not going to let it ruin the con for me, I'll just have to behave myself spending.

0 comments: