Friday, February 15, 2008

IGGIE IS BACK!!!!



The picture above is my birthday present from Barb. Now the pic doesn't show it, but he's about 2 to 2 1/2 feet long. Gavanized steel frame (good for out doors and indoors) And covered with about 200 million gold and green beads!!!

He has blue marble eyes, and is cute as a button. But there is a story behind her giving it to me..........

Years ago, when Charlie and I first moved to PA with the kids, we were having our house built, so for 6 months we had to live in an air stream (thoes are the silver ones shaped like a hostess tweekie) trailer. We were living up at some camp grounds in the middle of the woods in Pa, waiting for the house to be build.

That's me, my hubby, 3 kids, 2 cats, and a dog!!!!!! Needless to say, and it's a long, long story, but I'm sure that's when I first lost any sanity that I was holding on too. When christmas came, and we were still in the camper..... they actually removed all the knives from there and hid them, because they were sure everyone was going to die by my hand!!!!!! Needless to say, a VERY smart move on their part!!!


But I still need to expain the lizzard. Well, I had a HUGE iguana. His name was Iggie, and I was worried that living in a camper, even if I could find a place for his cage there, would be bad for him, so I gave him to my friend Barb, to watch for me till the house was ready.

I went over his complete diet. All the foods he eats, fresh fruit and meat, and for some reason Barb only heard..... blah, blah, blah, apples. So that's all the fed him!!!!!!


When I came back to check on him he had died, and because of the hot stone in his cage, he actuall was stiff as a board!!!!!!


So this Iggie, is pay back to me. 14 years later, but still...... HE'S SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!! And at least I don't have to worry about Barb KILLING HIM!!!!!

0 comments: