Wednesday, October 27, 2010

UPDATE




OK, just a quick update on the all natural thing.

One thing I kept up with was the apple cider vinegar. Every morning, I wash my face, grab a cup of coffee, and then go and dab on the apple cider vinegar on my face.

I only put it on the problem area's.... around my eyes (even though the fumes make them water for a while) my forehead, brackets around my mouth, and a few dark age spots on the side of my face.

The first time it didn't burn, but repeated applications sting like a bitch for a few minutes.... I endure for 10 - 15 minutes, then wash it off, and put on a moisturizer!

The result, after less the a week.....

FANTASTIC!!! Not only is the skin on my face FIRMER!!!!.... but the age spots have almost totally DISAPPEARED!!!!... and I do notice a difference in the fine lines.... they seem to be fading away.

I guess it's sort of like a chemical peel that the doc's use.... it's not comfortable, but the results are totally WORTH IT!


I'm going to keep doing it each morning, and on the weekend I'll do the honey facial etc.... but if the vinegar keeps working like it has been.... I'M IN HEAVEN!!!

3 comments:

Melz said...

I am glad you are having such great results!

Chris in the Emerald City said...

Cool, I am going to try this. I also mix local honey half and half with apple cider vinegar, then add two tablespoons of the mixture to a tall glass of ice water and drink it every afternoon. The Frosts swear by this, and I have kept it up for two months now. It was hard at first, but if you keep telling yourself, "It is just like lemonade - lemonade - lemonade," you eventually get used to it.

Peace,
Chris.......

dreaming in maine said...

I am definately going to try this! I don't know what you use for your honey moisturizer, but I have one I really like. I do basically equal parts honey (raw, local) and plain yogurt (usually about a teaspoon of each) and then a few dribbles/drops of lemon juice.

I wash my face first (I swear by Dr. Bronners castile soap - peppermint is my favorite - because it's ph does wonders for my skin) and let it dry. Then I smear the yogurt/honey/lemon juice mixture over my face (sometimes I'm lazy and just put it around my eyes and across the tops of my cheeks and forehead, as those are my more wrinkly areas). I leave it on about 15 minutes. As it dries, it tightens the skin really nicely!

Then I just rinse it off, let my skin dry again, and dab a tiny bit of olive oil into my hands and smear THAT all over my skin. I wipe off the excess with a tissue and then go about my day. Works really well for crow's feet!