Monday, May 30, 2011

Bird bath



When my Mom passed I snatched up this old cement birdbath she had in the back yard for as long as I can remember..... and that's a lllllloooooonnnnnnggggg time! Giggle


It didn't hold much water, and the water it held became bright red in days! But I loved the tree design so I put dirt in it and planted a creeping perennial, that loves the sun!


It's pretty cool how it formed a canopy on top of the birdbath, taking on the persona of a tree!


I feel the Goddess was saying....."this is my home!"

3 comments:

Mother Moon said...

I have debated getting a birdbath at my place yet I have always thought the pond could work just as well. I love the creeping plant your created.. It is gorgeous and a wonderful idea... In the hot summer months wouldnt the water in the bath get too hot anyways...

Rue said...

That's a gorgeous bird bath! Love what you've done with it!

Dreaming of Jeanie said...

Awesome! I love it.