Tuesday, May 24, 2011

walking alone



As she slid beneath the waters
Her tail tightly curled.

The mermaid watched in sorrow,
the end of the world.

Soft sea's, again, claimed her.
And In her tears, and sorrow deep,

flowed the salt of all the Oceans,
as she saw the world weep.

But the mermaid's secret power once again
calmed her soul, and let her be.

for in the cold deep oceans
spring the tides of eternity

JO





I went for a walk down the beach yesterday........ at least the last one WITHOUT the Bennie's coming for the summer!!!


It was so peaceful, and warm, and the water is so clear. I know that after this weekend it's going to be a giant madhouse with all the summer people...... but for the day, it was wonderful!!!

I was the only one on the beach, except for a fisherman who was doing the deep sea thingie, and the seagulls. I walked along, gathered shells, and smelled the ocean. SIGH


Major relaxation.


Now this weekend starts the summer thingie, and all the people will be crowding down here, but it's still not bad. I like laying on the beach with other people there. Though peaceful, still kinda spooky to be all alone out there. GIGGLE


Next week, all the arcades and games will be open 24/7. During the winter most of the arcades are open, but not many of the games..... and I do LOVE trying to win a box of candy, or a stuffed doggie. And all the rides will be open too, and the food places!!!!! Yippie!


And cool news, right on the boardwalk where I get on...... Hamilton Avenue, they put a DUNCAN DONUTS! Right on the middle of the boardwalk!!!! COFFEE GOOD!


I'm all set for the summer. I have a new beach bag, first time for a beach umbrella, bunches of bathing suits, so I'm all set to toast into a deep dark tan!!!


Once the rush of Memorial Day weekend is over, it will return to a nice quieter pace. Lots of people, yes, but not the mad rush like over the holidays!!!!


I've also got my crabbing nets all ready, so I'm set for some yummy crabs all summer. Hopefully this season will be better than last summer! Usually if you don't catch much crabs one year, the next year they are huge!!! So, here's hoping!!!!




WELCOME SUMMER, I AM READY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This image is just gorgeous! I have not been crabbing in years. There is nothing like fresh caught crab. My mouth is watering.