Sunday, May 02, 2010

WARNING

I follow quite a few blogs, and recently (today) one very famous blog

(I won't name it, but I know some of you read it)

posted about making herbal oils, some eatable.... cool, yes.

But she HEATED THE OIL AND HERBS!!! Before storing them!!!


NEVER, EVER, NEVER DO THIS!!!! I can cause all kinds of intestinal problems, including botulism!!!!


It breaks down the oil, and it will go south very fast.... and you will never know it!!!!


If you are going to infuse herbs into oils, you MUST DO IT COLD!!! NO HEAT!!!

Put the herb in a sealed room temp bottle of oil... such as olive oil etc, and let it soak up for a week, then filter and put back in bottle.

SUPER HEALTH HAZARD IT YOU HEAT IT, THEN STORE IT!!

Sorry, I didn't want to leave a post on her blog, she's quite a huge blogger, and has a large following so I didn't want to embarrass her,


but I had to let my friends know that it is a death trap doing it the way she says to do it!!!!

6 comments:

Kelsey the Ewok said...

I would try to privately contact her so she can fix her error before others try it and become too familiar with their toilets!

Nar said...

It's okay as long as you don't ingest it. I made some lavender oil using the same method, and it's only to be applied to candles and possibly the skin. I think I saw something on there about that, but I could be wrong.

Michelle said...

Hi Judith!

Long time no visit....so sorry! I've been a terrible blogger. I haven't updated my Vintage blog...I've been so disconnected with Spirit lately. I know, horrible. I need to get back into the swing of things. I have never heated my oils before so good thing I didn't! Lol! Hope you are doing well!

xoxo

Judith said...

missed you michelle!!!!

Mother Moon said...

you are always looking out for us.... and you do it so well... thanks for the info...

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Thanks for catching that. Very important - you are too good to us.

Cheers!