Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Englishtown Market

I love going to Englishtown Market in the Fall, it's in Englishtown N.J. and I've been going there since before I was big enough to see over the tables!


If you want it cheap, you head there over the weekend, and walk and walk and walk and walk some more!


They have quite a few Witchy shops there, and some Unusual things



There are 6 big buildings filled with venders, but most of the people set up in the field. At $10 a day for a table they bring all their yard sale shit there and make a fortune!

This guy sold everything, including the kitchen sink. I found some really cool vintage kitchen decorations!



And tons of stands from local farmers, with the best fresh produce you can get!




These Jeans were 2 for $5!!!! They may have "fallen off a truck" from somewhere, but you can't beat the price, and they are all new with tags!
Another guy who cleaned out his attic for the weekend





Tons of stuff! These scarfs that I've seen in the stores for 15 to 20 bucks each were just $1.00 each



It's hot, and dusty, but everyone makes the day of it, and enjoys


Plenty of food vender's inside and outside, I can't think of a thing you could want to eat that they don't have. There's even a vendor inside that makes bagels and pretzels fresh, right in front of you!

And I absolutely LOVE the guy who roasts peanuts outside, the smell from his big drum of roasting peanuts would make you swoon! Yummy

You have to be prepared though. It's good if you bring one of those 2 wheeled carts (I have one) or a couple of really strong men to carry all your shit for ya. But, you don't have to feed a cart, so I suggest that.

Bring cash, for the outside places, but inside the buildings they take charge cards. And most important of all.... never ask where they got their stuff!!! Better not knowing!

5 comments:

Autumn said...

I loved Englishtown when I went there a few years ago. I wound up getting my athame from an Asian guy selling decorative knives and stuff outside. He gave me a discount on the dagger since I have an Asian tattoo.

Steph said...

I can't believe you left out the part about the pickles! YUM YUM YUM!!!

Judith said...

autumn, I have one too, but it's in a place I don't show people. LOL And Steph, OMG how could I forget the super sour pickles!!!!!! They are so damn yummmy!

Andrea said...

Wow, this looks like an incredible market. I'm jealous! If I'm ever in the area, it'll be on the top of my list of things to do!

Anonymous said...

We used to go to Englishtown about once a month. Always in the Fall and Winter. We've not been in almost a decade and just last weekend were talking about taking a ride over. Now I must after being reminded of it's awesomeness!