Sunday, November 18, 2012

year by year

Got my new year calender!!!!!  I usually get a 2 year one.  Every single year for about 45 years!!!!

At first they only came in one year at a time, the past 10 years they now come in 2 years at a time.


In it I put EVERYTHING!  Not only appointments, but birthdays, events, what the weather was like (on weird weather days) where I went, who I saw...  Reservations for conventions, visits from friends, if I was sick, if I lost power... and so on and so on and so on!

A tiny, less than $2 calender, that I've collected all these years, and kept every single one!!!  I can go back to the birth of each child... see what the weather was on those days, check out Dr. appointments, and special occasions the year held.

It's so much fun to go to the box, and pick out a year, and check it against THIS year to see if the weather match's or what I did!!!

What started with me as a way to keep my prenatal Dr.'s appointment in... just got bigger and bigger each year.  I keep them all in the same box as my important papers, so I don't lose them.

I can look and see that 20 years ago, on this day, we had 24" of snow!  And today it's warm and sunny. LOL 

I know it's seems anal, but I needed something to keep track of appointments... and it just blossomed in to my whole world! And it's wonderful to see all those memory's in a glance!

Lets just say it's become a TRADITION.

0 comments: