Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Coffee good


here's a picture of just three of the jewery boxes!!! And I'm saying just three, because there were more, but I'm was NOT bringing them home with me! I filled on of the boxes with all the fake pearls and necklaces and I'm giving it to the grandchildren. Morganna and Liz should have a blast dressing up in all those jewels. LOL I kept all the pins ( can you say gaudy!!!!) and I'll sell them on e-bay. Besides that, there wasn't any really good jewerly. I bought Mom some gold way back when, but I didn't see it, so who know what she did with it. Or my sister, who was doing the other boxes managed to pocket them.... But it doesn't matter.


At least I brought some boxes, and a HUGE box of large garbage bags with me. I would guess that we had at least 25 of them filled and ready for the garbage. Thank the goddess Ernie's grandson, Chris was there, so I got him to tote them outside for the garbage. I didn't bother keeping any of the clothing..... My Mom was about 4' 6" tall, and about 90 lbs!!! No one could fit into her stuff. Especially me. Giggle

And her shoes. Goddess Size 5! I don't think there is a woman alive that wears Size 5 anymore!!!! And shoes she had, hundreds of them, hundreds!!!!

I can't even tell you about the attic. I've never seen so much stuff in one space. It's going to take hours up there, and I refused to look in the basement..... I know what's waiting there, and I couldn't hack looking. I'm saving that for last.

Looks like I'll be there every Monday for the rest of the month, and maybe next month too. Until it's all cleared out and ready for sale. :sigh: That's the hard part. Not because I'm attached to the house still, but my father built it, and I'm kinda sad to see it go, but I wouldn't buy it if I could, it's just in too bad of shape. My step-father was a total asshole, and didn't fix anything in years and years.

The only good part of all this is that Chris got my step father out of the house while we were there. I never like him much, and the thought that he would be there was daunting.

0 comments: