Tuesday, November 07, 2006

To Iron or not to iron

I IRONED SOMETHING TODAY!!!!!!! LOL I can tell you like.....So what? But you have to know, I haven't picked up an iron in about 25 years. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I HAD ONE!!! And it probably wasn't mine. I used to have a roommate, and it was probably his....Because let me tell you.... It wasn't mine.

How do I do it, well, I check everything before I buy it for wrinkling. I grab a handfuls of the material and squeeeeeeeeeze it..... Really hard! If there is one wrinkle, I just don't buy it. And if something became wrinkled.... I just wet it down and pop it back in the dryer for a few minutes. I also always take my clothing right out of the dryer, and fold or hang it..... I don't let anything sit and wrinkle

See, my Mom was an ironing freak!!!!! She ironed sheets, and underwear!!!!! Yeh, underwear!!!!! Can you imagine that??? AND GUESS WHO DID MOST OF THE IRONING???? You got it me....... So when I grew up, I refused to buy an iron. My hubby took his stuff to the cleaners, and the kids stuff went thu the wrinkle test before I bought them.

But I had found some curtains I had stored away, and they had wrinkled. Now, usually, I would put them in the dryer after dampening...But these had major bead work on they..... So the dryer would have ruined them..... So I used an iron.

Kind of proud of myself. GIGGLE

1 comments:

Dreamers Night said...

Hey that is sooo cool! Hope you didn't get your face this time...I still remember that...OOh and my first time using an iron was last week...I actualy bought one...read the directions, and gave it a go! Whoo-hoo