Monday, June 02, 2008

Another chapter




Another chapter in the ANNOYING habits of STUBBORN PLANTS!


Like my bamboo. I have had it for 12 years now, never grew more then 2 feet tall.... but still I persisted, and each time I moved (4 times in those years) I dug it up and brought it with me. Only to have it grow no more then 2 feet..... then I planted it here.... and as you can see by the pictures before in other blogs... IT'S GIGUNDA!!!! HUGE!!!! OVER 10 FEET TALL!!!!


Stubborn plants!


Then here is a peony. I bought it 5 years ago, planted it in front of the Buddha in the front yard. Each year I got some leaves.... but no buds, and it got this powdery white shit all over it... and looked like it died. So after 5 years of no flowers or even buds.... I RIPPED the sucker out.


Took the tuber, and left it sitting on the sidewalk all winter... no dirt around it!!! Then when I picked it up this spring, I noticed TINY shoots.... so I said, "what the fuck" and dug a hole in the gravel on the side of the house by the garbage cans, and dumped it in the hole. And forgot about it.


As you can see by the picture, THE SUCKER BLOOMED!!!!! AFTER 5 FREEKING YEARS!!!! Why? I have no clue..... but I guess it just was stubborn and didn't like where I planted it.


The lesson to be learned, if you plant isn't doing good, dig the sucker up and plant it somewhere else...... maybe it'll be happier there..... or anywhere but where you planted it the FIRST TIME!!!!!

0 comments: