Saturday, June 07, 2008

CUUPS

For the last few years I've been interested in leaving the solitary practice, for one more people orientated. I've tried to form a coven, but I don't know enough people to form one.

Then I found out about the Unitarian's. We actually had one of their churches in East Brunswick, that I passed like a million times.... but I had no idea who or what they were.

It's a very diverse religion, that feels that everyone should be free to search out their own way of practicing their religions-. So, no bible, or anything. I could go on and on, but what I was really interested in was their chapter of CUUPS.

Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans


CUUPS was formed at the 1985 UUA General Assembly and incorporated as a not for profit organization in 1997. It was an Independent Affiliate of the Unitarian Universalist Association until 2007.[1]


Purpose


CUUPS works to enrich and strengthen the religious pluralism of Unitarian Universalism; promote the study and practice of contemporary Pagan, Earth-, and nature-centered spirituality; enable networking among pagan-identified Unitarian Universalists; develop educational/liturgical materials on Pagan spirituality for Unitarian Universalist congregations; encourage theological inquiry into the contemporary Pagan resurgence; promote inter-religious dialog; and work for the healing of the Earth. Members and friends receive the quarterly CUUPS Newsletter, which reports continental and local chapter activities and explores contemporary Paganism.

And believe it or not, the closest chapter is in Princeton, N.J. And that's fantastic. I'm going to find out more about it, and then join.... hay, doesn't hurt....as they say. GIGGLE.

I like the fact of a church with out major religious strictures, and one that promotes learning about what you want to learn about in a religion.


For anyone interested, here's the web site, go to it, check it out, and let me know what you think.


http://www.cuups.org/content2/

0 comments: