Friday, November 12, 2010

Apple Pie



My Mother always made a fresh apple pie for the holidays.

And even though she was a die hard Catholic, (wicca was from my fathers side... yes, men are witch's too!!)

She would always start her apple pie, by coring and then slicing the first apple to go into the pie, putting the apples in a large glass bowl... and say:


1st slice for happiness, that grows on a tree
2nd slice for true love, may it always follow me
3rd slice for health, disease free
4th slice for peace flowing like tea
5th slice for appetite, calories flee
and 6th slice for Patience to always follow me

Then she would finish slicing the apples, and add the sugar to sweeten the spell.
And bake her pie.

I always wondered why she said it, since she did not believe in my fathers craft... but you know, sometimes what others do, and say rubs off on you in a good way!

3 comments:

Leanna said...

oooooooh IHATE YOU!!! Why do you do this to me! My one and only weakness in life (except David) is PIE! OMG, how am I going to get through the weekend now without baking one. You should be jailed. YES!!! That's it. Jailed and extradited to my home to bake nothing but pies as your sentence. ahahahha.

Mother Moon said...

ah.. pie.. a favorite of mine.. esp. warm apple pie with a little cream... the weathers cold and perfect for baking... may have to give your momma's jingle a try.. thanks as always for sharing...

Judith said...

I think the Goddess is being mean!!! Not only can't I eat the crust of the pie.... wheat... but I can no longer eat the cinnamin in the pie!!! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!!