Friday, March 02, 2007

Rain

I've always loved the rain. When I was younger I used to go out on the back screened porch and watch the rain. It was really cool if it was like a hurricane, then you stood there and watched the wind, lightning and thunder. So freeing, and wonderful.

I felt that I could lift myself up and fly into the storm, and it would have been wondrous!!!

The last few years, I started hating it, because of the basement flooding thing. When ever it rained I knew I would have to work my ass off mopping up the water, and checking the pumps, all that mold and mildew.

Now, since I've moved to a basement free house, I can actually enjoy the rain again! I love the sound of it on the roof, the sound of it as the wind whips it against the windows. SIGH

If I had my way, a cup of tea, a good book, and a window seat..... to enjoy the wild wonder of it!

As you can tell, today it's raining! I woke up last night to hear it drumming on the windows, and I smiled before I went back to sleep. This morning it's wild, windy, rainy and just fantastic! I don't even mind driving in it.... during the day that is, I can't drive in the rain after dark.... bothers my eyes.... but during the day... it's cool!

Lets hope this year is filled with may "rain days" days where I can feel the rain and relax and enjoy it!

HAY IT'S BETTER THEN FUCKING SNOW!!!! GIGGLE

0 comments: