Saturday, March 31, 2007

SPLIT POT FOR THE LIGHT POST




OK, I bought a huge split pot for around the pole lamp in the front yard.




For those of you who don't know it, it's a Terra cotta looking plastic flower pot, that is actually split in two!!!! With a square space missing from the center. You put it around poles or such, and when you tighten it up, it looks like one whole pot!






I didn't want to work with it all year, by putting annuals in it, so I did it better!




I put two huge roots for a bleeding heart plant, it's perennial, and each year it gets bigger and prettier, with lovely heart shaped flowers on it, and I also planted lily of the valley..... the MOST fragrant of all the flowers, and bloom all year, and come back year after year. I also put some tiny bulbs for miniature iris's around the post, so when they all bloom and fill out they should be magnificent!!!!




Plus no work, no muss, each year they come back all by them selves with now extra flowers to be bought!!!!!! A bonus to my purse!!!!! GIGGLE

0 comments: