Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Yule




Last night, an hour before sunrise, I lit the candles in my room, started the pine incense burning, and entered my circle.

I consecrated it, north, east, west and south... and I sat facing the window... waiting for the sun to rise.

I asked the gods and goddesses to bless this coming year, and to allow the sun to rise again and bring the golden warmth once again to our frozen land.

I waited in peace and quiet, I envisioned my inner self to the voices, to the words, if the goddess would grant me them, and meditated about my life.

It was a wonderful time for me....but there is still always the fear that the sun would not rise, and darkness would rule the land.

As the sun's rays came through my window, I thanked the goddess for all she has done for me. Asked for protection and guidance through the coming year.

I did receive a message from my goddess, and it was a scary one, of gathering my sisters and brothers for what is "to come"....

but while I sensed urgency, I also knew that the fight was already won..... if that makes sense to you.... good....because I couldn't explain it more then that....it's something inside that you have to know, or not know.

What I do know is that the Goddess will provide, protect, and show the way..... because she is always the beginning, never the end.

Blessed Be, the sun has returned!

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Solstice/Yule blessings to you! And Merlin too, of course.

Dessa said...

Blessings for the coming year to you and yours...