Sunday, February 06, 2011

HELP!!!!

HELP!!!! MY HOUSE IS BEING TAKEN OVER BY SOME REALLY CRAZY ALOE PLANTS!!!






Aloe plants are NUTS!!! For years and years they sit in their pots ignoring you. They don't like direct sun, they don't like to be watered, they just grow and grow.

Then every few years they grow SO MUCH, that they actually push large branch's OUT OF THE POT!!!

And being a bleeding heart plant lover, they know I will save their ass's!!!

Trick with transplanting Aloe??? You have to put the branch's in water for a few weeks... I know they HATE water.... but this is one of the few times they want it. You let the branch's sit in a glass of water for a week or so, THEN, and only THEN do you put it in a pot of dirt!!!!

And as you can see, that one old plant, the one in the waaaaay back of the picture, is chucking it's plants at me in an alarming rate!!!!

And I have to find pots for them..... sigh.... I'm such a sucker!!!!

Oh, and don't worry about drainage!!! The ones that do the best are in glass bowls that have NO DRAINAGE!!! Why????? THEY ARE NUTS, THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Diandra said...

Look - interesting. Unfortunately, every time I set out to get some aloe for ourselves (in the hope that it will be one of the few plants the cats won't eat, thus one of the few plants that might survive in the living room...), there are none to be found. Crazy plants, indeed...

Fiona said...

Oh my - what am I doing wrong then - I've just killed one! lol!