Friday, February 18, 2011

House Fairy

This idea was given to me by one of my oldest and best friends..... she had been having terrible house troubles!!! Leaky roof, washing machine breaking, fights with the family... and so on.

And she decided that since the Fairy's in her garden were so wonderful, she decided to invite one in to the house for luck!

It's very hard to convince a fairy to come inside, but there is a way....

First you have to build a fairy house.... something like this.....






She picked the flower pot one, and in a huge pot where she keep a palm tree, she built a little house for her Fairy friend. Detail is VERY important to entice the little lovelies into the house!!!

The more welcoming you can make it, the better!

Then one spring day she put the plant with the house out on her back porch, during a full moon.... and in front of the house she placed a wee tiny cup filled to the brim with honey!!!

In the morning she lugged the plant back inside... and said this:

"Wraith of the house, Take heart and live,
To every chamber This light I give,
To every corner This breath I send
Approve and favor my willing hand."


Things soon changed around the house, nothing was breaking down, arguments stopped... every month she repeated the chant and left a raisin, or grape, or nice nut.... by her fairy house... and it is still working after 5 years!!!!!!!

So, I'm going to do the same, over the next week or so I'm going to attempt to build a cute little fairy house in one of my potted plants..... so that when the weather finally starts getting warm..... on the night of a full moon.... I'll attempt to welcome a "wee one" into my house!!!

2 comments:

Diandra said...

That's a great idea... we have a "technical stuff gnome" living in the storage part of the flat, and he receives parts of our meals on a regular basis. In exchange - no more technology troubles since we started our arrangement.

However, I would have thought that a house fairy (or any other kind of entity) would live in a less garden-y thing? (The technical stuff gnome took room between the old glass bottles... don't ask me why, but he seems to like it... sometimes he will enjoy the sunshine lying on our towel mountains...)

Mother Moon said...

love the houses... I am bound and determined to build a few of these this year...Possibly a few of my many gnomes would help me out... they seem to be good with that sort of thing... thanks for the suggestion... or should I say nudge