Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring cleaning has started



I WISH this was my shed, I'd actually KILL to have this shed (well, there is also one that looks like Dr. Who's Tartis that I would LOVE ALSO!).... But, alas and alack, my shed is the plain old boring white one. It's wood, painted white, but that's about all you can say about it.

When my son is home, he's always saying he'll put the stuff in my shed for me.... like the holiday decorations... and he does..... he PUTS them in the shed. Doesn't stack anything, or place it where it belongs, just opens the door and chucks it.

I can't complain..... too much, but each spring I have to go out in the shed (while he's away at school, so he DOESN'T help me!) and clean it, re stack it, and generally neeten it up!

That's what I did today. My back is sore, the dust makes me itch like crazy, but I feel soooooooo much better now that it's done!

The good thing about living here, is that in the 8 years I've been here, I've NEVER, EVER seen a SPIDER!!! I don't know if it's because of the salt in the sandy soil, or because my lot is all gravel, but not one stinking spider!

So when I go out in the shed, I can clean with complete abandon, cause I know those little nasty's aren't out there!

First I prepare.... I take my phone, keys, cigs, and a lighter.... gotta have supplies. Then I prop open the doors so that they don't keep whacking me as I move around the shed.... the I reorganise, and clean out the old crap!!

I love cleaning!!!!

This time I found an old white metal corner unit for the kitchen, that I haven't seen in years! I didn't even know I still had it! I'm going to use that outside to hold some of my plants. And I found an old watercolor picture of a Fairy that I had bought while still in high school!!!! I don't believe I carried that with me during 15 different moves!!! It was in the shed because our old dog... gone 15 YEARS!, had chewed on the frame. So, I found another frame, but never re-framed it! I did that today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great when you unearth a buried treasure! When we moved I had my stuff packed for 3 months and when I was unpacking boxes I felt like I was seeing all my stuff for the first time. I can't imagine finding something after all THAT time.

Gonna be a warm day today...got any outside cleaning to do? If not, get on up here and help me! ; )

Judith said...

LOL I've been outside cleaning up leave and such all day!!! Plus long pause's to sit on my swing and just enjoy the sun!!!! LOVE this weather, can't wait till it lasts!!!!

Judith said...

leaves.... duh spelling bad! LOL