Sunday, June 05, 2005

Not as crankey!!!

I'm not as crankey this morning. My feet feel better, but then I don't have work tonight....so I have no idea how long that will last. LOL But I'm hungrey. So how about some Wichie recipes?
This is one of my favotes. I often just make it for the grandkiddies:
COVEN CAKES
1 3/4 C. oatmeal
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
7 Tsp. sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
7 tsp. hot water
Combine the oatmeal, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, cinn. and sugar in a bowl. Stir in the melted butter adn then add the hot water, one spoon at a time, stir good with each addition untill mixture becomes smoothe, but firm paste. Roll it into a ball, sprinkle with extra oatmeal, then roll it out on a board. Cut out with cookie cutters or just use a glass. Bake at 350 degrees fro 15 minutes. Done!

SAMHAIN CIDER
2 quarts apple cider
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
after heating
add 1/2 cup (or so, according to taste) apricot brandy.
Now you SLOWLEY simmer on LOW HEAT for a while. DON'T LET IT BOIL. Then add the brandy. YUMMMMMY

0 comments: