Monday, January 22, 2007

Dieting

I'm going back on the Atikins diet for a short while, and I do mean short. I only want to lose 20lbs, to get rid of the rolls that are my winter storage. LOL I don't mind being fat, but I can't stand to see my side rolls sticking out when I dress up.

And on Atikins, if you follow it to the "T" you can lose up to 20lbs or more in 2 weeks. Now, It's an easy diet. Any of the stuff below you can eat all you want, any time you want, and as much as you want. The only problem is NO SUGAR OR CARBS!!!!

Now I can live without carbs. Bread doesn't thrill me that much, but a nice begal now and then is good! BUT SUGAR!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH I NEED SUGAR!!!!!

I went on this diet like 20 years ago, and I did lose 65 lbs in about 3 months. And I didn't gain it back, even when I went off after all that time! The funny thing is that your sugar cravings go balistic for the first week or so, and then all of a sudden.....GONE! You have tons of energy, and don't crave sweets at all!!!!! Kinda spookie, isn't it???

Well wish me luck, for at least the first week I'm going to be a total CRAB ASS!!! But after that I shall recover!!!

Oh, and for thoes of you who need to know spacifics, buy the book. But even though you are eating TONS of butter, cream and all that high fat stuff, you cholesterol goes down, down, down.... and it's fantastic to diabetics!!!!!


What to do:

The Atikins diet plan is a low carbohydrate method. The avoidance of carbohydrates in your diet is structured to keep your body from adding weight. The method includes eating less than 20 grams of carbohydrates per day.

Any hard cheese, and all the butter, and heavey cream you like!!!! Limit your salt, and try fresh spices instead. No katsup, mustard, but you can have mao!!!

Free Meats and Cheeses:

The following meats and cheeses have no carbohydrates. Using the atkins diet plan you may eat as much of the following items as you wish.

Meat
Fish
Fowl
Shellfish
Eggs
Cheese
Beef
Tuna
Chicken
Oysters
Scrambled eggs, fried eggs, Eggs any way you wish
Aged & Fresh cheese

Pork
Salmon
Turkey
Mussels
Cow & Goat

Lamb
Sole
Duck
Clams
Cream Cheese

Bacon
Trout
Goose
Squid
Cottage Cheese

Veal
Flounder
Cornish Hen
Shrimp
Any hard cheese, like chedder, swiss, any
Ham
Sardines
Quail
Lobster


Venison
Herring
Pheasant
Crab







Not Bad Vegetables:

A serving of these salad vegetables has 10% or less of your daily carbohydrate limit. Therefor you can eat up to three cups of these without worry.
Lettuce
Escarole
Arugula
Endive
Radicchio
Chicory
Sorrel
Mache
Bock Choy
Chives
Parsley
Cucumber
Radishes
Fennel
Peppers
Celery
Jicama
Alfalfa Sprouts
Mushrooms
Olives

Other Vegetables:

These vegetables have more carbohydrates than the ones above. You'll want to limit your intake of these to about 1 cup per day.
Asparagus
String beans, wax beans, etc.
Cabbage
Beet Greens
Cauliflower
Chard
Eggplant
Kale
Kohlrabi
Tomato
Onion
Rhubard
Scallions
Leeks
Spinach
Summer Squash
Zucchini
Okra
Pumpkin
Turnips
Avocado
Bamboo Shoots
Bean Sprouts
Water Chestnuts
Snow Pea Pods
Sauerkraut
Collard Greens
Dandelion Greens
Broccoli
Spaghetti Squash
Celery Root
Brussel Sprouts
Artichoke Hearts
Hearts of Palm

These foods are high in carbohydrates and should be avoided:

Breads
Cereals
Grains
Sugars
Candy
Pasta
Rice
Anything with Flour
Non-diet soda
Juice
Fruit
Potato
Chips
Alcohol
Beer (dammit this diet is no good!)

0 comments: