Saturday, October 17, 2009

Doing the happy but guilty dance!!!!!!!

I got my quarterly water bill today!!! And for the first time in 8 years.... it was 40 dollars LESS then it had been!!!!

Doing the happy dance cause this is the first proof that my SON was a major cause of my high utility bills!!!! Feeling guilty also, cause I shouldn't be so happy he's gone....GIGGLE.... but just a tiny bit!

Yesterday, now that my phone is BACK ON, I spent like 2 hours talking to Barb.


Now the weather is getting colder, so most of Barb's conversation turns to food! Warm, comfy food! Drove me nuts!!!!


She talked about making beef stew, and I had to have some!!!


I'm a vegetarian, have been for 2 years now.... but sometimes you have to have some meat, and I figured this was the time!!!!..... but I didn't go nuts, just added enough beef to the crock pot to give it flavor, and filled the rest with veggies!




This is "Betsy", my crock pot. There was a whole drama last year when Betsy the 1st passed away... and the saga continued while I shopped and shopped.... trying to find her twin sister. (cause she was the perfect size!!!)


I finally found her twin, and here she is in her glory...... filled to the brim with celery, carrots, onions, chives, mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic, and of course some small amount of beef!!!


When it's almost finished cooking I will add Yucca.... you can't cook that too long or it turns to mush!!! But I have to have that potato taste it gives since I can't eat real potato's!

Ahhhhhh, warm, rich, thick comfy food.... perfect for all this rain and wind!!!

2 comments:

Mother Moon said...

there is nothing like cold weather and a nice pot of stew to make you feel good all over...

Steph said...

Hey I just brought a nice red crock-pot! My roast in it was awesome! Time to trade some recipes!!