Thursday, October 01, 2009

UGH!




I went and got the paint this morning.... but I wasn't going to start painting my bedroom till tomorrow..... best laid plans....

I thought to myself "I should just go in and paint the one wall, where the dressers are, so that I can get them out of my dinning room and BACK in the bedroom".

So I started.... now this wall is at the peak of the house, so It's super tall, so I painted the wall..... standing on a shaky ladder, scared shitless... but what the hell, it had to be done.

But just like potato chips..."you can't just paint one"! So I continued around the room.

Now all the walls....EXCEPT FOR THE ONE THE BED IS ON.... are painted. I just couldn't do any more... and decided that one night on the sofa was well worth finishing the last wall tomorrow.

So that's what I'm going to do.

I LOVE the color!!!! I wanted something that made the Oak in my room fade into the background. I have oak doors, oak trim, and oak crown molding... and I'm SICK OF OAK!!!

I got a deep rich color called "kenya" it's sort of a dark yellow undertone beige. Makes the oak blend into the background, rather then stand out. PERFECT!!!


This morning, I got up early, and finished painting the room. It's mostly dry now, and I have a fan in the window facing out.... getting rid of all that nasty paint smell!!


Here's the picture.... the room is not all put together yet, but I at least moved the bed back in place. As you can see the paint makes all that OAK shit just fade from view... in my opinion... GIGGLE


Yes, it will make my room darker.... but hay! Here's a tip for all you ladies in your "elder years" Light is our ENEMY!!! The darker the room, the more fun you can have.

I rather him practice his Braille in the dark... then reel from SHOCK in the light!!!! GIGGLE

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Can't hardly wait to see the pictures!!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. Also, you sound like me. I start working on a project and will tell myself I won't attempt to do it all in one day and the next thing I know it is 4 in the morning and I am done.