Thursday, October 15, 2009

UGH!

So, I woke up this morning, and looked at the weather forecast for the first time in a few weeks... and got the good (being sarcastic here!) News!!!

Not only are we in for a nor'easter, but 2 nor'easter in a row!!! And that means rain, rain, wind, rain, wind, rain, wind.... and so on forever!!!




First thing I did was run outside and rescue my pumpkin! No way am I letting that blow away!

Everything else is cool though, I'm used to this, so nothing outside can fly away, the hatches have been battened down! giggle

And you may think I'm upset about this, but I'm not. It just means that I cuddle under a warm blanket, eat Cheetos's and read a good book.

See, in my last 5 house's I had basements, basements that flooded! So I spent any time in the rain running up and down the stairs with mops and buckets, and turning on sump pumps and all that flood stuff.

Here, NO BASEMENT!!!! HIGH AND DRY!!!! The only problem I have is with people's garbage cans rolling down the road, and into my property... and that's no biggie.... all I do is, after the rain and wind, put them back at the road and let the people come claim them.

without the flooding basements, I find I actually love the rain!!!!!

5 comments:

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

So, what good book did you have in mind?

Morticia's Mansion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judith said...

Oh, I love these mysterys about a caterer, by Diane Mott. Her name is Goldie Bear. She not only finds bodies, solves murders, but cooks too. giggle and she prints the recipies out in her books!

Rue said...

This might be a good time to take your broom out for a spin - you'd have some good air flow on your side - LOL! Hang in there - and nail everything down Dorothy!

Judith said...

auntie Em, auntie Em....