Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Merlin's Magic Blanket

I SWEAR these are Magic blankets!!!

I got them at Big Lots for $8!!! Just lap blankets about 5 feet long and 4 feet wide. I wanted to use one over my feet while I sit in bed reading. I got the red one.... AND FELL IN LOVE!!! It's fantastic how warm they are!!!

Unfortunately, I left it on the sofa one day, and Merlin discovered it.

And the story ends with me running out to the store again, and buying another blanket for ME... and letting Merlin have this one for his very own!




They are super soft, almost like fur, feather light, and so warm it's almost spooky!!!

Case in point, last night I slept with my window open in the bedroom... ON TOP of my comforter and sheets, with just this blanket over me... AND I WAS ACTUALLY HOT!!!!

I don't understand why? They are so light it's like sleeping under nothing... but the warmth is incredible.... almost like they are electric blankets, but they are not!!!

Now Merlin and I are die hard fans of them, and he spends the chilly fall days resting on his own little heating pad!

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Ah, Merlin is a cutie - Merlin is the perfect name for a cat, I had one too!!

Blankets, love blankets....off to big lots!

Cheers!

Sparkless said...

I have a blanket like that too. I won't share it with anyone. I think the reason mine is so warm is that it's made from synthetic fibres and doesn't let any heat out of it.