Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wand





I've started to make a wand.

Something I've been thinking about for years, but never found a piece of wood that called to me.... but I have now.

Now, for those of you who don't know, I was raised a witch... and there is no way, no how, my dad or gradpop would have even thought of having a wand! That was something that they never heard of!!!

But, even with the great lessons they taught me... the Prince of magic..Walt Disney... took over a small portion of my mind. And all the pretty wands his women had... called to me over the years! GIGGLE

So, I finally have the wood, and it will be a LARGE wand. Harry Potters tiny little wand is not the type I imagined.


This one will be the length of my arm, heavy and perfect.


(you know me, even pretty things I can turn into a weapon of some type... I'll bop the evil ones over their heads, and leave a dent!!!)


I won't show you a picture yet, since it's very rough, and I haven't decide what to decorate it with yet.... but It's sure to have copper and crystal on it, around it, and even inside of it.

When it's finished, I'll publish a picture.

6 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

I hear ya sister! Size matters :D (giggle)

Can't hardly wait to see it.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to see how you do it!
I make wands from fallen finds and they always come out the way they want!
Mine aren't pretty and sparkly...they're kind of drab...but they are natural and nature sometimes is a little drab...
Will yours be girlie?
I know what you mean about the older generation and wands...my grandmother never had one...I think it's a more recent thing.
My grandfather had a gypsy staff though, made by his friend.
(And NO...my grandfather wasn't a wizard)

Judith said...

LOL No, I've tried natural sticks and such, but nothing ever called to me, this was a piece of wood from the craft store... it vibrated in my hand when I held it!!! Perfect. I'm using all natural things to make it mine... I'll put up some pretty pic's when I get it finished. My craft came from my fathers side, my mom with die hard chatholic! Dad and his father were gypsy, russian... so I learned a lot of cool stuff!

Steph said...

I can't wait either! You really have a gift (and the patience) for creating wonderous stuff. I bow down to your awesome creativity!

Blue Moon said...

I have to share a funny story about wands. I had a small, rather subtle wand that I made from a dowel from the craft store wood burned some designs into, and made my own. After a few years, and moving - it got lost - or displaced.... So, for the longest time, in our new house here, ever time I cast a circle, I used a large, healthy size tree brance, and each time thinking, "I need to replace my wand". Then, finally one night it hit me, I DID replace it - with this wonderful branch. It a nice palm size thickness, and about the lenth of my arm, and it is just wonderful. Funny, I was looking for something that was right "under my nose" all along :)

Judith said...

LOL we sometimes do that. the closer things are the less we notice them!